Orbit Baby Safety Information
Safety comes first at Orbit Baby
As a leader of innovation in child transportation and safety, Orbit Baby has created patented technologies that make car seats significantly easier to use safely. Orbit addresses car seat safety in the real world, not just in laboratories. As the founders of Orbit Baby, we use the Orbit Infant System with complete confidence for our own children because we genuinely feel it is the best product on the market.
Orbit Baby's car seat safety testing
- We are proud of regularly passing the US Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards testing.
- All car seats manufactured and sold by Orbit Baby comply with standards set forth by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). They undergo regular and extensive testing at multiple independent test laboratories including those used by NHTSA.
- We have an extensive testing history, and we regularly test our car seats.
- We go above and beyond with our testing, for example by testing under rigorous conditions that simulate extreme cold weather, and our product continues to perform well with no failures.
- We have achieved very low forces on the child dummy in our tests.
- We have not experienced any detachments of the Infant Car Seat from the Base during any of our certification testing.
- We perform well with both LATCH and seat belt installations. We also perform well using a seat belt only without the Base.
- We have also tested our car seats to international safety standards, and are steadily building up these additional safety certifications around the world. Most recently, our Infant Car Seat has passed safety testing for the Canadian and South Korean governments.
- In addition, Orbit Baby’s car seats comply with relevant ASTM voluntary regulations. We also have a rigorous internal testing program through which we validate real-world performance, for instance by docking and undocking our car seats thousands of times on our Base. Read more about the specifics of our testing processes on the Product Testing page.
Orbit Baby's position on actual / real-world safety
- We receive reports of real-life accidents from Orbit Baby parents, and through our After Impact Exchange Program, and in over three years we have never received a report of a car seat separation or of an injury.
- Orbit Baby's philosophy is that safety should go beyond the lab: if a parent has a hard time using or installing a product safely, no amount of lab testing will matter.
- Our concern about real-world safety is what drove us to develop our patented technologies. For instance, StrongArm is a technology that helps you to consistently install the Orbit Baby car seat system into a safe condition. Just by turning a knob, not only should you be able to easily and safely install your seat every time, your spouse or any other caregiver should be able to also.
In the end, we are proud of our products and have complete confidence in them. Our philosophy has never been to cut corners, and to always use only the best materials and always apply only the best engineering - how many other companies can say that? Please feel free to contact us, as we are always available to discuss our testing and safety.
Joseph, Bryan, and The Orbit Team
Questions? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or give us a call at 1-877-ORB-BABY.
Learn more about Orbit Baby testing