Last updated on: July 28, 2014Products
Which Stroller Accessories (like Helix Plus and Sidekick) can be used with which stroller models?
- The Helix Plus Double Stroller Upgrade Kit does not work with the generation-one stroller frame, and can only be installed on the Orbit Baby Stroller Frame G2.
- The Sidekick Stroller Board does not work with the generation-one stroller frame; it can be installed on the Orbit Baby Stroller Frame G2, as well as on the Double Helix Stroller Frame when used in "single mode" (without the back SmartHub Attachment attached).
- The Stroller Panniers work on all Orbit Baby Stroller Frames.
Which generation-one, G2, and Helix products can be used together?
All Orbit Baby seats and stroller frames are designed to be compatible, with a few exceptions:
- Car Seat Bases: Please note that you may only use Orbit Baby car seats (infant car seats and toddler car seats) on the car seat base in the car. You may not dock any Orbit Baby bassinets or stroller seats onto a Car Seat Base or use them in the car.
- Generation-one car seat base: If you own a pre-2009 generation-one Orbit Base (a discontinued product), you may need to update it to extend its use to the Toddler Car Seat. Check here for more information.
- Stroller Frame G2: May be used with all generation-one and G2 seats.
- Generation-one stroller frame: May be used with all generation-one and G2 seats; note that when using the Stroller Seat G2 on the generation-one stroller frame, you must install a piece that came included with your Stroller Seat G2.
- Double Helix Stroller Frame and Helix Plus: Either SmartHub may be used with any Orbit Baby seat, except that you may not use a Toddler Car Seat (generation-one or G2) on the rear SmartHub of your Double Helix Stroller Frame or Helix Plus Upgrade Kit.
Can I use the Stroller Seat G2 as a car seat?
The Stroller Seat G2 (model no ORB825000) is not a car seat. Only our car seats (infant car seats or toddler car seats) may be used in the car, and our car seats can be installed with or without the Orbit Baby Car Seat Base in the car.
How long can I use the Infant Car Seat?
- Infant Car Seat G2 (Model No. ORB823000 and/or ORB833000): can be used with children starting at 4 pounds and 19 inches, until they are 30 pounds or 32 inches long. The usage rating is by height and weight, not by age - children reach the maximum height or weight at various ages, ranging from about 6 to 18 months old.
- Please note that some Orbit Baby Infant Car Seat G2s do not reflect this increased weight rating on their labels, see here for more information.
- Generation-one Infant Car Seat (Model No. ORB803000): can be used with children up to 22 pounds, and up to 29 inches.
How long can I use the Toddler Car Seat?
- The Toddler Car Seat G2 and generation-one Toddler Car Seat can be used in your car Rear-Facing for children 15-35 lbs (no height limit), and Forward-Facing for children 25-65 lbs. until the height of 53 inches. [Please note that some Orbit Baby Toddler Car Seats do not reflect this increased weight rating on their labels, see here for more information].
- All children under 1 year of age MUST stay Rear-Facing in the car, as required by law.
- The Toddler Car Seat can also be used as a seat on Orbit Baby stroller frames for children who weigh 40 lbs. or below.
Does Orbit Baby use flame retardants?
All Orbit Baby products comply with the government's requirements for flame retardancy (NHTSA FMVSS 302, CA TB117) without the use of toxic brominated and chlorinated chemicals, like PBBs and PBDEs. Many of these chemicals are known to be potentially harmful substances. We go above and beyond to certify that there are no dangerous flame retardant chemicals in our fabrics.
All Orbit Baby G2 products use fabrics certified by the International Oeko-Tex® Association to be completely free of PBBs, PBDEs, TRIS, TEPA, HBCDD, SCCP, and TCEP. Some of our fabrics and foams require treatment with some flame retardants in order to meet federally mandated car seat requirements; of our fabrics that have been treated, they contain non-toxic flame retardants that have been extensively tested and thoroughly analyzed by the Oeko-Tex® Association. This Association's toxicologists approve only a short list of flame retardants because all of these substances have undergone a thorough assessment by Oeko-Tex® from a human-ecological point of view. Oeko-Tex® has toxicologists in Germany and Switzerland review literature, history, test data, and toxicology reports before approving that the substance is harmless to human health.
What is the difference between generation-one and G2 products?
The biggest differences between the generation-one and G2 line of Orbit Baby products:
- Stroller Seat G2: as opposed to the generation-one Toddler Stroller Seat, the Stroller Seat G2 can be used from birth (it includes an infant insert), rotates and reclines by squeezing the side handles, has an extendable footrest, and includes a removable snack tray. It also includes a flexible, cocooning shell with built-in ventilation.
- Stroller Frame G2: In improving the stroller frame for the G2 line, the Orbit Baby design team added the QuadShock suspension system which provides four-wheel self-adjusting suspension and no-pump tires, easy adjust handlebars, and an improved cupholder tray.
- Infant Car Seat G2: Additional testing allowed the weight rating to increase for the Infant Car Seat G2.
Which products fit into my Stroller Travel Bag?
The Stroller Travel Bag fits:
- Stroller Frame (G1 or G2)
- Stroller Frame (G1 or G2) + Stroller Seat G2 or Toddler Stroller Seat G1
- Stroller Frame (G1 or G2) + Bassinet (G1 or G2)
The Stroller Travel Bag was not desiged to fit your Infant Car Seat or Toddler Car Seat. This is because most parents traveling with their car seats seat their child in the car seat on the airplane and only Gate-Check their stroller frame and stroller seat. If you are planning to Check or Gate-Check your Infant Car Seat or Toddler Car Seat, Orbit Baby recommends you use a heavy duffel bag or thick plastic bag to protect your car seat during travel.
What is the Orbit Engraved Sidekick?
The Orbit Engraved Sidekick is a unique engraving service provided by Orbit Baby. You now have the ability to make the Sidekick Stroller Board as unique as your family is. Currently, this service is only available for the Sidekick Stroller Board.
What does your 100% Satisfaction Guarantee cover for engraved products?
Our guarantee is that your product is exactly what you expected when you place the order. Although we do not accept returns on engraved products we do guarantee your satisfaction. You have 30 days upon receipt of the product to inspect the engraving.
What do I do if my engraved product order is incorrect?
We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on our engraved products. Should you find an error please contact us at [email protected] within 30 days of receiving your product. If the engraving is different than your order please contact our support department at [email protected] or 877-ORB-BABY. We will ask for a digital photo. Once the error is confirmed we will send you an engraved replacement with a pre-paid return label to send the incorrect product back to us.
What is the warranty for engraved products?
The warranty is the same as for the non-Orbit Custom product.
How long will it take for my engraved product to arrive?
In addition to your preferred shipping option an additional seven calendar days are needed to engrave your Sidekick Stroller Board. For example, if you choose UPS Second Day Air (2 days) your product will arrive in nine calendar days.
What is the return policy and satisfaction guarantee for engraved products?
100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Although we do not accept returns on engraved products we do guarantee your satisfaction. You have 30 days upon receipt of the product to inspect the engraving. If the engraving is different than your order please contact our support department at [email protected] or 877-ORB-BABY. We will ask for a digital photo. Once the error is confirmed we will send you an engraved replacement with a pre-paid return label to send the incorrect product back to us.
Does Orbit Baby offer gift cards?
We apologize, but currently we do not offer gift cards.
How is sales tax calculated for my order?
We add sales tax to all orders shipped to addresses in California, based on the current tax rate of 9.75% in Alameda County. We apologize, but we cannot make county-specific adjustments at this time.
How do I track my order?
You'll receive a shipment confirmation when your order ships. If applicable, a UPS tracking number will be included.
You can also check your order status at this page.
What is flat rate shipping?
Flat rate shipping is the fixed shipping charge for orders meeting predetermined criteria. We are currently offering $10 flat rate UPS ground shipping for orders greater than $150. This offer is available for delivery to United States shipping addresses. Does not apply to Alaska, Hawaii, APO, FPO or DPO addresses.
When will my order ship?
If an item is not on backorder, it should ship within 48 business hours. Standard shipping via UPS Ground is 3-7 days.
Do you ship outside of the United States?
We apologize, but Orbit Baby currently does not ship products outside of the United States directly to customers. We are unable to process credit cards that have billing addresses located outside of the United States.
Do you ship to APO, FPO, or DPO addresses?
We apologize, but Orbit Baby currently does not ship products to APO, FPO, or DPO addresses.
Will all the items in my order ship together?
If you have ordered multiple products they will all ship out at the same time. If for some reason one or more of your products are on back order we will hold the order until all products are available to ship.
How do I return an item?
If you purchased Orbit Baby products from one of our authorized retailers, please contact the retailer for their return policy. We cannot accept returns for items purchased through a retailer.
Items purchased directly from Orbit Baby at full price are returnable within 30 days of purchase as long as they are in new, unused condition and still have the original packaging. Shipping fees are not refundable.
A return or exchange will only be accepted if the customer has contacted Orbit Baby prior to sending the item(s) back. Any package returned without a valid Return Authorization issued by Orbit Baby clearly marked on the outside of the box, will be refused.
Returns and exchanges are not permitted for items that have been purchased at a discounted price, or have been purchased using a promotion code.
Returns and exchanges must be returned prepaid; we cannot accept C.O.D. deliveries. For your protection, we recommend you return all items via a traceable carrier such as USPS, UPS or FedEx. Orbit Baby is not responsible for packages not received if a tracking number is not provided. Once the original item(s) are received at Orbit Baby, you will receive a credit in the amount that you paid (this excludes any shipping costs). Please allow 2-3 weeks for Orbit Baby to refund your credit card upon receipt. Please contact [email protected] if you need to return a product.
Questions with no topic
What if my question isn't answered here?
If you have any questions about your order or products you have already received, please send us an email at [email protected], or call us at 1-877-ORB-BABY (1-877-672-2229). Thank you.