Voluntary Recall: Orbit Baby Car Seat Base G2
- If you are an Orbit Baby retailer, please contact the Orbit Baby Sales Team.
Dear Orbit Baby Customer,
As a result of a few customer calls, we have been made aware that in some cases the StrongArm knob on some Car Seat Base G2 units may detach or spin without tightening the base, preventing the proper installation of the Car Seat Base G2 in accordance with the instruction manual.
Please always register your Orbit Baby products with us, with up-to-date contact information. Customers that have registered a product affected by this recall will soon receive a notice regarding this issue, as well as any safety updates or product notices in the future. Our registration list will not use your contact information for any other purposes. Register your Orbit Baby products here: US Customers | Canadian Customers
If your Orbit Baby Car Seat Base G2 is affected by this recall, please keep the following in mind:
- You can repair your Car Seat Base G2 with a simple free StrongArm Repair Kit that we will mail to you; please register your product with Orbit Baby with your most current contact information so we can contact you.
- Keep in mind that all Orbit Baby car seats can be installed securely without a Car Seat Base G2, and that this recall does not affect any Orbit Baby car seats.
Safety is our top priority.
Please view this official statement from Joseph Hei, Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer of Orbit Baby.
Is my Car Seat Base G2 affected by this recall?
Your Orbit Baby Car Seat Base G2 is affected by this recall if it meets all of the following criteria:
- Product Name: Orbit Baby® Car Seat Base G2
- Model Number: ORB822000
- Manufacturing Date: Between March 20, 2013 and July 20, 2013
- Batch Number: any of A0840, A0860 or A0880
You can find this information on the manufacturing label of your Car Seat Base G2, which is located on the back of the base upright:
What do I do if my Car Seat Base G2 is affected?
- Register your product. If you have not done so already, register your Orbit Baby products here: US Customers | Canadian Customers. Our Customer Care Team will proactively contact you if you have a product that may possibly be affected by this voluntary recall.
- Install the StrongArm Repair Kit. After receiving your registration and contact information, Orbit Baby will soon send you a StrongArm Repair Kit so that you can easily re-attach your StrongArm knob to your Car Seat Base G2. See below for more information on installing the Repair Kit.
- Continue using your Orbit Baby car seats. Keep in mind that you can continue to install your Orbit Baby car seat without your Car Seat Base G2 in the mean time if needed (view all of our product manuals and installation videos here). Also, if your Car Seat Base G2 is already securely installed in accordance with the instruction manual and the StrongArm knob later detaches or just spins, your base will remain securely installed and can continue to be used with your car seat; this does NOT affect the performance of your securely installed Car Seat Base G2 in a crash.
Installing the Repair Kit
Please watch the video below for detailed instructions on how to install the Repair Kit once you receive it. You may also click here to download the instruction sheet included with the Repair Kit.
We apologize for the inconvenience of this recall. At Orbit Baby, safety is a top priority, and we are fully committed to reaching out to our customers with any and all product updates. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us. Thank you for your continued support of Orbit Baby.
Orbit Baby Customer Care